GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL SYSTEM
Grievances of students and staff must be redressed in a time bound manner to achieve an inclusive realisation of Higher Education through peaceful co-existence and team based work culture. The Grievance Redressal Cell is constituted annually to curb any form of abuse, intimidation, discrimination, harassment or human rights violation against any student or member of the staff in the campus. In pursuance of UGC (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institutions) Regulations, 2015, the Internal Complaints Committee has been constituted to enable a fair mechanism to address complaints from students and staff.
The policy shall be the framework for the implementation of an amiable grievance redressal system in the college, encompassing all students, teachers and non-teaching staff, ensuring confidential and timely enquiry and appropriate action taken in case of any complaint.
Custodian of the Policy
The Grievance Redressal Cell shall work under the Principal to implement the policy, in coordination with tutors and heads of the departments. The Internal Complaints Committee shall work under the procedural guidelines established by the University of Kerala and the University Grants Commission.
- To monitor and respond to grievances of students and stakeholders.
- To prohibit any conduct from any person or group, through words or deeds, that shall hurt a student or staff physically, mentally, sexually or emotionally.
- To prevent any form of abuse or harassment towards the marginalised sections, including females, SC/ST category and other social, economic, gender and religious minority groups.
- To curb all forms of sexual violence against women in campus.
- To take prompt and suitable action in the case of any complaint, and to encourage transparency, consistency and fairness in the handling of complaints.
- To resolve problems as close to the source as possible with discussions and appropriate discourses.
- To develop a responsive and accountable attitude towards the stakeholders so that a harmonious atmosphere prevails in the campus.
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- The cell shall be constituted every year and meetings will be held to deal with the grievances of students and staff.
- The students shall be informed about the committee and they can submit the grievance directly to the Convenor or any member of the committee, or forward it via their tutor, HOD or Principal.
- The victim shall be assured of absolute confidentiality and privacy while the complaint is being enquired upon.
- The cell shall abide by the rules prescribed by the University and the UGC to hold meetings, make enquiries and form decisions regarding a complaint.