Creating an engaged, supportive alumni network is crucial to an institution’s success. Good alumni relationships bring many benefits to both the institution and the alumni. Talented alumni are likely to have a wealth of experience and skills to share with current students. Their contribution to the college in terms of intellectual, infrastructural and financial resources can enhance the students’ experience and give them a competitive edge in today’s job scenario.
The Alumni Engagement Policy shall be implemented for proper functioning of Alumni associations and for effective alumni engagement. The alumni, heads of the departments, teachers and students are expected to abide by the policy.
Custodian of the Policy
The college Alumni association CHESNA shall coordinate the alumni engagement activities, in collaboration with the departments, under the leadership of the Principal and assistance of the management. Heads of the departments shall be in charge of coordinating department alumni associations and their activities.
- To promote in Alumni a sustained sense of belonging to the Alma Mater.
- To utilize the rich experiences of old students of the college for the benefit and progress of the present students.
- To provide guidance to the present students in their endeavour for better employment and higher studies.
- To secure valuable advice and assistance from the Alumni in the overall development of the college.
- To form a nexus of socially productive alumni that will help raise the profile of the institution through various kinds of contributions.
- Alumni groups of various departments shall be kept live in social media, where news and relevant information are shared.
- Strategy-driven events shall be conducted in the institution to increase Alumni engagement, to inspire the students, help in career guidance and counselling, and to bring infrastructural and academic improvement to the college.
- Intellectual resources contributed by the Alumni, in the form of invited talks, seminars, etc., shall be utilised effectively.
- Financial support from Alumni associations especially from registered ones including CHESNA and SACSHI shall be utilised for infrastructural development.
- The institution has several alumni who are noted contemporary social, cultural and political personalities. Their involvement shall be ensured to increase the possibilities of the college to improve infra-structurally, academically and culturally.
- Feedback shall be collected regularly from alumni to gather their opinion regarding the curricular and non-curricular aspects, and ensure their consistent participation in the development of the college.