Dr. A.S. Raakhee M.A, Ph.D
Professor and Principal in Charge
Educational Qualification: MA, PhD
Teaching Experience/ Service: 20 years
Subjects Handled: Foundations of Psychology, Social Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Experimental Psychology
Research Interest: Social Psychology
Research Experience/ Guide ship Details: Research Guide-Kerala University PhD ‘s produced -4
Course/ Training Attended
- Orientation course (IT oriented) organized by Acadamic Staff College , University of Kerala,Thiruvananthapuram from 16 th February to 17 th March 2005.
- Refresher course on Human Rights organized by Acadamic Staff College , University of Kerala Thiruvananthapuram from 10th March to 31st March 2008
- Refresher course on Human Rights organized by Acadamic Staff College , University of Kerala Thiruvananthapuram from 17th April to 8th April 2010.
Papers published in journals
- Raakhee.AS and Sam Sananda Raj H Alienation Among the Institutionalised and Non- institutionalised Aged Psychological Studies( Vol 45, April 2008,( Page No: 65-68)
- Balachandran M, Raakhee.AS and Sam Sananda Raj H, Life satisfaction and Alienation of Elderly Males and Females, Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, July 2007, vol:33, No-2 pages 157-160
- Raakhee.AS and Balachandran M Impact of Education on Alienation and Life Satisfation of the Elderly , Indian Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol,45 April 2008.
- Raakhee.AS and Aparna.N , A study on the prevalence of anxiety disorders among higher secondary students, GESJ: Education Sciences and Psychology Article ID: 1887, 2011
- Aparna.N and Raakhee.AS , Life skill education for adolescents: its relevance and importance GESJ: Education Sciences and Psychology Article ID: 1888, 2011
- Aparna.N and Raakhee.AS Attention Span Development in Children: A Challenge to Parents and Teachers Gurujyothi Research and Reflections Vol-5 Issue –2 June 2011.
- Raakhee A.S and Aparna N “Ecology and Mental Health”, LOCOS ISSN:234 3836,Vol(1) 2, 2013 page15-19
- Aparna.N and Raakhee.AS, A Study on Achievement Motivation and Emotional Adjustment among College Students, LOCOS ISSN:234 3836, Vol 4 (1) 18-21
- Anitha kumari T T and Raakhee.AS “ Anxiety Disorders among Adolescents” Emerging Trends in Family and Community, 2013, published by the Department of Home Science , by Govt. College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Anitha kumari T T and Raakhee.AS “Adjustment of Hearing Inmpaired Students” ,Proceedings of the International Seminar of Svash 2014( Peer Revised Research Papers of Swami Vivekananda Association of Science and Humanities) ISBN 978-81-907480-9-4
- Mili.M and Raakhee.AS The Relationship between Body Esteem, Attachment Anxiety and Attachment Avoidance among Young Adults, SIS Journal of Projective Psychology & Mental Health Volume 22, Issue 2, July 2015, Pages 119-123.
- Raakhee A.S and Anitha Kumari T.T Anxiety and depression among Hearing Impaired Adolescents: A Comparative Study Based on Gender on IOSRJournal of Humanities and Social Science, 22(11.9) 2017
- Raakhee.A.S& Kala Rani K S-ParentingChallenges: Special Children and Typical Children in the international Journal of Literary Findings: International Journal of Mulidisciplinary Research ISSN 2278 on 2018\
- Mili M. and Raakhee A.S, Construction of Type C Behavior pattern Scale, International Research Journal of Human Resources and Social Sciences), Volume 5, Issue 03
- Raakhee.A.S& Mili.M-Distress in Diabetes & Incidence of Depression in Middle Age in the National Journal SIS Journal of Projective Psychology & Mental Health on 2019
- Anitha kumari T T and Raakhee.AS ‘Anxiety and Depression Among Hearing Impaired Adolescents “American-Eurasian Network for Scientific Information : The research Journal of Social Science, 0025-1348 (P) 2455-1356.
- Raakhee A.S, Parenting as a Determinant of Stress Tolerance Among Adolescent Students, Review of Research Volume 8 ,Issue -4, January 2019
- Anitha Kumari T.t & Raakhee A.S, Maladjustment And Depression Among Hearing Impaired Adolescents : A Comparative Study Based on Nature of Impairment, International Journal of Research And Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) December 2019
- Raakhee A.S & Anitha Kumari.T.T-Maladjustment and Depression Among Hearing Impaired Adolescents: A Comparative Study Based on Nature of Impairment in International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, 2019
- Raakhee A.S and Athira Sreekumar- Personality Correlates of Geriatric Depression in ISDA Journal July- Sept 2019 Vpl 29
Papers presented in international Conference
- Presented a paper on Eco psychology: Promoting Environmental Ethics at the regional Seminar organized by NSS Training College, Changanacherry on16th May, 2013
- Adjustment of Hearing Impaired Students, Proceedings of the Swami Vivekananda Association of Science and Humanities on the International seminar SVASH 2014
- Parenting Stress and Quality of Life: A SVASH 2014 Study Among Mothers of Special Children and Mothers of Atypical Children in a National Seminar organized by the Centre of Excellence for Disability Studies on 3-5 December 2018 organized by the Kerala State Higher Education Council.
- Anxiety Disorders Among Adolescents, Emerging Trends in Family and Community Science Department of Homescience, Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram
- Adjustment of Hearing Impaired Students in the National seminar organisrd by NASRA College of Arts and Science
Workshops /Seminar attended
- Attended a seminar conducted by the Department of Psychology SN college ,Chempazhanthy on “Learning Disability” by Sri Anil Kumar Nair , Lecturer , Iccons on 10th October 2008. World Mental Health day.
- Attended a talk by Dr. Mathew Velloor, Clinical Psychologist Trivandrum, on “Techniques in Psychotherapy” on 4th November 2008 , organized by Department of Psychology SN college ,Chempazhanthy as a part of Spectrum 2008.
- Attended an International seminar on 24th August 2009 At S.N college, Chempazhanthy. Dr.Roy. J. Mathew (Faculty, Texas University) presented a paper on “ Consciousness and Mental Health”. Mrs.Laura .J. Mathew (Director of Student Health, Odesia, texas) talked on “ Mental Healt- Problems and Management of Adolescents in USA”
- Attended the seminars “Para Psychology’ by -Dr . V. George Mathew, Former HOD of Psychology University of Kerala and “Skills in Applied Psychology” by FR. Sebestian Chamathara, Former HOD in Psychology, K.E.College. Mannanam organized by Department of Psychology SN college ,Chempazhanthy on,October 30 ,2009 as a part of Spectrum 2009.
- Participated in the five day workshop on “ Restructuring of UG Course in Psychology” organized by the Board of Studies (Pass) at University college, Thiruvananthapuram on 24th n and 25th February 2009 and 4th, 5th and 6th of March 2009.
- Attended a seminar on “Life Skills Development” by Dr . Mridula Nair.B, HOD of Psychology Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram. organized by College Union and Department of Psychology SN college, Chempazhanthy on 4th October 2010.
- Attended the seminars .“Mental Health and Youth” -by Dr . Thara Bai , Retd. Prof in Sociology,bKamaraj University Madurai . and “Mental Health and Illness” – Dr.P. T.Kurian , Former HOD ion Psychology, SN college, Chempazhanthy .organized on 11th October 2010 by the Department of Psychology in association with the Department of Sociology, SN college, Chempazhanthy.
- Attended a UGC sponsored National Workshop on Knowledge Management and Instructional Technology- The Praxis of Teaching and Learning at Sreenarayana training College, Nedunganda on 24 &25 August 2013
- Attended an International seminar on Revisiting Swami Vivekananda’s Vision For facing the New Educational Challenges at Gandhi Bhavan, Thycaud, Thiruvananthapuram, on 5th -7th September 2013 organized by SPFERD
- Attended a UGC sponsored National seminar on Emerging Trends in Family and Community organized by Govt. College for Women, TVM on 25th October 2013
- Participated in a two day National seminar on Cognitive and Behavioural Approaches in Psychotherapies( NSCAP, 2017) sponsored by Government of Kerala
- Participated in the National seminar on Research Methodology organized by the Department of Psychology, University of Kerala on 13-17 January2018.
- Participated in a conference on Assessmentand Accreditation of Higher Education Institutions on 16th May 2019 organized by the Kerala State Higher education Council
- Participated in the UG Syllabus revision workshop organized by the UG BIS from 3-5 December 2018
- Participated in the PG Syllabus revision workshop organized by the PG BIS from 20-25 January 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on Trends in counseling during Covid 19 conducted by Department of Psychology, MG College, Thiruvananthapuram on 27th and 28th July 2020.
- Participated in International Webinar on Covid and Mental Health, organized by Department of Psychology, Sree Narayana College, Chempazhanthy on 29th and 30th July 2020.
Membership in Academic & Professional Bodies