RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS BY FACULTY & STUDENTS during 2014-2015
Dr. Swapna Gopinath, Associate Professor of English
- Chinese American Diaspora Literature: A Brief Introduction”. Published in Imagin(ing) the Diaspora: Critical Responses to Asian Diasporic Art and Literature. Ed. Jamuna, B S. Published by UGC-SAP, Institute of English, University of Kerala, Trivandrum.
- “Multiple Identities of Pakistani Diaspora”. Published in Imagin(ing) the Diaspora: Critical Responses to Asian Diasporic Art and Literature. Ed. Jamuna, B S. Published by UGC-SAP, Institute of English, University of Kerala, Trivandrum.
- “Gender Construct as a Narrative and Text: The Female Protagonist in New Generation Malayalam Cinema”. In collaboration with Dr Sony Jalarajan Raj. South Asian Popular Culture. London: Routledge, 2015. DOI: 10.1080/14746689.2014.1000648.http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rsap20
- “Diasporic Perspective on Subalternity and Voices of Dissent in the Homeland: A Culture Studies Reading of the Film Papilio Buddha”. Literary Insight. A Refereed International Journal ISSN 0975-6248. Volume-6, January 2015.
Julie P.S, Assistant Professor of English
- Published a paper in the Proceedings of the Kanniyakumari Academy of Arts and Science.ISBN978-93-81658-07-9
- Published an article titled `Anchee Min’s Empress Orchid: A Historical Perspective’ in Imagin(in)g the Diaspora:Critical Responses to Asian Diasporic Art and Literature
- Published a paper titled `Globalization and Malayali Sensibilities: An Analysis of its Reflection in Film Media’ in the Proceedings of UGC Sponsored national seminar on Re-inventing and Recasting the Praxis of Globalization conducted by the PG Department of Christian College, Chengannur. ISBN 978-81-928481-1-2
Dr.Mahesh S, Associate Professor of Hindi
- Published an article Daivadasakam Ki Prasangikatha in Logos, Vol 2(1), June, 2014.
Dr. Kavitha, K.R, Assistant Professor of Botany
- Published an article, “Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of Selected Medicinal Plant Extracts against Pathogenic Bacteria”. Logos, Regional, 2(1), 2014.
Dr.S.Girijakumari, Assistant Professor of Malayalam
- Published an article, “Vikarathintesthanam Kavithayil”, Logos 2(1), 2014.
Dr Ajilal. P, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Ajilal, P. & Mahesh, M.M. (April 2014). “The Effect of Aerobics on Resilience” Research Nebula: An International Refereed & Indexed Journal in Arts, Commerce, Education, & Social Sciences. (ISSN 2277-8071). Vol-III, Issue-1.
- Ajilal, P. & Jinosh, N.C. (August, 2014). “Correlates of Empathy among Physically Handicapped” Journal of Community Guidance & Research (ISSN- 0970-1346), Vol. 31, No.2.
- Ruksana Muhammed & Ajilal.P, “Effect of Cosmic Energy Meditation on Social Anxiety”, LOGOS, Vol 2(2), Dec 2014
Dr Greeshmalatha A.P, Associate Professor of History
- 'Chanta – A Developed System of Primitive Exchanges'LOGOS an Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Vol.2 No:1, June 2014, Sree Narayana College, Chempazhanthy Thiruvananthapuram 695 587.
- 'Pazhayangadiyum Parisarvum: Noottandukalilude' School Magazine (special issue) C.E.U.P, Parudur, Pallipuram-Pattambi, Palakkad Dt.
Dr.Praseetha N.C, Associate Professor of History
- Alternative Education in Kerala-An introspection, LOGOS, Vol 2(2), Dec 2014. ISSN: 2349-3836, (An Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Sree Narayana College, Chempazhanthy Thiruvananthapuram 695 587).
Dr G.Lillybai, Associate Professor of Physics
- Spectral and Non radiative decay studies of Lead di bromide single crystals by mode matched Thermal Lens Technique, Journal of Applied Physics, 3,652, 2014
- Nonlinear Optical Investigation on Lead Iodide Di Hydrate using Open aperture Z-scan Measurement, Optical materials, 2014
- Spectral and Lensing characteristics of Gel-derived Strontium Tartrate Single Crystals using Dual-Beam Thermal Lens Technique, APL Materials, I, 1362, 2014
Dr. I.G Shibi, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- I.G. Shibi, L. Awathy, R. S. Jisha And A. Divyachandran & J. M. Gajbhiye, Molecular docking and QSAR analyses for understanding the antimalarial activity of some 7-substituted-4-aminoquinoline derivatives, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences., 77, 9 - 23 (2015), DOI:10.1016/j.ejps.2015.05.025. (Elsevier publishers)
Dr Suma.S, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Remya M. Nair; Dhanya, V. S.; Suma, S.; Sudhadevi Antharjanam P. K.; Sudarsanakumar, M. R. “A novel 2D ladder shaped metal–organic framework based on lead-aspartate system with hydrophobic channels” Main Group Chemistry vol 14, No: 2, 2015, 91-103.DOI 10.3233/MGC-140155.
- Remya M. Nair; Siji , V. L.; Dhanya, V. S.; Sunalya M. R.; Sudarsanakumar, M. R.; Suma, S.; Ng, S. W.;. Prathapachandra Kurup, M. R. “Crystal growth, characterization and dielectric studies of silica gel-grown polydistrontiumdimalate pentahydrate: a 2D porous metal-organic framework” Main Group Metal Chemistry vol 38, issue 1-2, 2015, 9-16. DOI 10.1515/mgmc-2014-0035.
Dr Reena Ravindran, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- A.Saraudevi, Reena Ravindran, Shiji Fazil, Minitha R, “Synthesis, spectral and magnetic studies of benzothiazolium tetrachlorocuprate salts: crystal structure and semiconducting behavior of bis[2-(4-methoxyphenyl)benzothiazolium] tetrachlorocuprate(II)” Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 68(13), 2015, 2253-2270. DOI: 10.1080/00958972.2015.1042874
PAPER PRESENTATIONS BY FACULTY MEMBERS during 2014-15
Swapna Gopinath, Associate Professor of English
- Presented a paper “Subversing Dominant Discourses and the Process of Re-imagining Dalit Identity: A Study on the Film Papilio Buddha” at the International seminar (International Conference on Fourth World Literature and Culture) organized by Higher Education and Research Society and was held at Balewadi, Pune on 12-13 September 2014.
- Presented a paper “Bridging National Frontiers in a Transnational World: A Cultural Studies Perspective on Indian Music” at the International Interdisciplinary Seminar (Beyond Borders and Boundaries: Imaginings and Representations) organized by CoHab and CASII at the University of Mumbai on 2-4 March 2015.
- Presented a paper “Representation of Aborigines in Australian Media” at the National Seminar (National Seminar on Undestanding Aboriginal Australia) organized by Central for Australian Studies, Institute of English, University of Kerala on 8-9 January 2015.
Julie P.S, Assistant Professor of English
- Presented a paper titled `The Concept of Homeland as revealed through the Socio-Cultural Scenario of China: An analysis of Anchee Min’s Pearl of China and Empress Orchid’ in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Exploring the Terrains of Canadian and American Diaspora organized by Sree Ayyappa College for Women in collaboration with The Institute of English held on 18&19 September 2014
- Presented a paper titled `Portrayal of Women in Malayalam Movies: In Search of a Silver Lining’ in the UGC Sponsored National seminar on Women, Media and ICT: Potentialities and Insecurities organized by the Department of Sociology, SN College, Chempazhanthy, Thiruvananthapuram held on 16 &17 October, 2014.
- Presented a paper titled `Globalization and Malayali Sensibilities: An analysis of its reflections in Film Media’ in the UGC Sponsored national Seminar on Re-inventing the Praxis of Globalization organized by the department of English, Christian College Chengannur held from 4-6 Dec.2014
Sini.V, Assistant Professor of Malayalam
- Presented a paper titled as ‘Pather Panchali Samakalika- Samoohika Prasakthi’ in the UGC National seminar organized by Dept of Malayalam SN College, Sivagiri.
- Paper presented in Two Days UGC National seminar on ‘Malayala Kavitha: Charithram- Samskaram- Varthamanam’ organized by Department of Malayalam Govt. College, Tripunithura.
Praseetha N.C, Associate Professor of History
- Presented a paper titled ‘Indian Cinema and Communalism – A Retrospective’ in the National Seminar on ‘Reflections on Communalism in India: Past and Present’, organised by the Dept. of History, S.N.College, Chempazhanthy on 21-22 august 2014.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Edifying Kerala: A Re-reading with Special Emphasis on Higher Education’ in the Regional Seminar on ‘Higher Education in Kerala since Independence: Issues and Challenges’ organised by the Dept. of History, S.N.College, Chempazhanthy on 9-10 Dec 2014.
Saritha S.R, Assistant Professor of History
- Presented a paper titled Southern Railway A journey through the valley of death to paradise in the Indian History Congress during 28-30 Dec 2014.
Sreenish T.V, Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Presented a Paper on “Welfare State and Higher Education: Critical Analyses of Kerala’s Higher Education Programme” in UGC Regional Seminar on “Higher Education in Kerala Since Independence: Issues and Challenges”. Organized by Post Graduate Dept. of History & Research Center, S N College, Chempazhanthy, on 9th and 10th December 2014.
- Presented a Paper on “Identity Politics and Social Media: Reclaiming identity in the context of Social Media” in the Two day UGC National Seminar organized by Dept. Of Political Science Brennan College Thalassery on “Identity Politics: Power and Protest from the Margins” on 17th 18th December 2014.
- Presented a Paper on “Development and 2014 General Election: An analyses of BJPS Developmental Agenda” in two day UGC National Seminar on “Redefining Avenues of Development: Emerging Concerns in the Liberalized Era” organized by Dept. Of Political Science St. Jones College Anchal on 13th and 14th January 2015.
Rajesh I.D, Dept of Economics
- Presented a paper on the topic “Economic Value of Improved waste Management System in Thiruvananthapuram” in the Two day National Seminar sponsored by University Grants Comission, New Delhi organized by the Post Graduate Department of Economics, E. K. Nayanar Memorial Government College, Elarithattu, Kasaragod, Kerala on 29th and 30th September 2014.
Aravind Thampi, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Presented a paper on ‘A study on Self Help Group in an Organizational Setting’ in UGC sponsored International Conference on Enriching employee Engagement in Organisation- Role of Psychology organized by Department of Psychology, University of Madras.
Dr I.G Shibi, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Jisha R. S., Shibi I. G, Neena Haridas & Soumya Krishnan, Presented a paper entitled as “Developing Anti-Depressant Lead Molecules From Moringaoleifera Using In silico Methods”, in an International Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Drug Discovery’ (ICADD-2014) Organized by Computational Chemistry Research Group, Amrita VishwaVidyapeetham, Coimbatore, in association with Science and Engineering Research Board- DST, Govt. of India from 23rd -28th July 2014.
- Shibi I G, Aswathy L and Jisha R S, Presented a paper titled as “Toxicology Prediction of Chemicals-A Green Chemistry Approach”, in the State Level Seminar on Green Chemistry-Environmental and Economic Benefits on 24th June 2014 at Fathima Mata National College, Kollam.
- Jisha R S, Shibi I G, Neena Haridas, Jagannathan K, Rajeev R, Presented a paper titled as “Characterization of a Mercury Based Traditional Medicine” Got Best Poster award for oral presentation in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Materials Science on 29th September to 1st October 2014 at Sree Narayana College For Women, Kollam.
- Divya Chandran A., Aswathy L., Jisha R.S., Shibi I.G., Presented a paper entitled as “Optimization of Antimalarial Activity of 4-Aminoquinoline derivatives: QSAR, CoMFA analyses and Docking studies” at National Seminar on Principles and Applications of Quantum Chemistry organized by Department of Chemistry Milad E Sherif Memorial (MSM) College, Kayamkulam on 30th&31st October 2014.
- Rajeev M.R., Jisha R.S., Aswathy L., Shibi I.G., Presented a paper entitled as “In silico methods to evaluate the anti-malarial activity of some herbs used in traditional medicines”at National Seminar on Principles and Applications of Quantum Chemistry organized by Department of Chemistry Milad E Sherif Memorial (MSM) College, Kayamkulam on 30th&31st October 2014.
- JishaR S, Shibi I G, NeenaHaridas, Jagannadhan K, Rajeev R, Presented a paper entitled as “സിദ്ധഔഷധമായ പടികലിംഗചിന്ദൂരത്തിന്റെ രാസഭൗതിക സ്വഭാവങ്ങളെക്കുറിച്ചുള്ള ശാസ്ത്രപഠനം” in the 24th Swadeshi Science Congress held at Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University Tirur, Kerala organized by Swadeshi Science Movement – Kerala & Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University on 6th to 8th November 2014. (Special Award for the best paper presented in Malayalam)
- Aswathy L, Shibi I G, Jisha R S, Rajeev M R, Presented a paper entitled as “കമ്പ്യൂട്ടർ സോഫ്റ്റ്വെയറുകളുടെ സഹായത്താൽ പരമ്പരാഗത സസ്യങ്ങളിൽനിന്നും മലമ്പനിക്കുള്ള മരുന്ന് കണ്ടെത്തുവാനുള്ള ഒരു പഠനം” in the24th Swadeshi Science Congress held at ThunchathEzhuthachan Malayalam University Tirur, Kerala organized bySwadeshi Science Movement - Kerala &ThunchathEzhuthachan Malayalam University on 6th to 8th November 2014., Shibi I.G., Neena Haridasa, Rajeev R. and Jagannathan K.,Physicochemical Characterization of A Metal Based Traditional Medicine Used For Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multi-Disciplinary Second International Seminar of SVASH-2015, on 22nd May 2015.
- Shibi I. G., Jisha R. S., Aswathy L., Rajeev M. R., Vijay H. Masand , Gajbhiye M. Jayant, In silicomethods to evaluate the anti-malarial activity of some herbs used in traditional medicines, Multi-Disciplinary Second International Seminar of SVASH-2015, To be Held on 22nd May 2015.
- Shibi I.G., Aswathy L., Jisha R.S., Vijay H. Masand, Divyachandran, A., Gajbhiye M. Jayant, Computational strategies for understanding the antimalarial activity of some 7- substituted -4-aminoquinoline derivatives, Multi - Disciplinary Second International Seminar of SVASH-2015, on 22nd May 2015.
- Shibi I.G., Jisha R.S., Aswathy L., Rajeev M.R., Vijay H. Masand, Jayant M. Gajbhiye, Potent antimalarial phytochemicals identified by a computer-based approach, International Symposium on Phytochemistry (ISP-2015) and Prof. Dr. A. Hisham Endowment Award Ceremony, on Kerala State Science and Technology Museum, Thiruvananthapuram at 25th April 2015 organized by JNTBGRI.
Dr.Reena Ravindran, Associate Professor of Chemistry
The following papers were presented in the National Seminar (UGC) on ‘Green approach to meet challenges in chemical industry’, on 5 & 6 Nov 2014 at SN College Chathanoor
- Sarau devi A. and Reena Ravindran – Poster presentation on ‘Synthesis and spectral characterization of complexes derived from Acetone-N(4)-phenyl Semicarbazone’.
- Shiji Fazil and Reena Ravindran – Poster presentation on ‘Synthesis, Characterization, NLO & Biological Properties of A Novel Ni(Ii) Complex of A Proton Transfer Salt’.
- Minitha R. and Reena Ravindran – Oral presentation ‘Water soluble Fe(III) complexes of pyrazolone hydrazone :Synthesis, spectral and solid state electrical conductivity study’
The following papers were presented in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Green Practices in Chemistry organized by the Dept of Chemistry, Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananthapuram on 9 & 10 October 2014.
- Lekshmikanth S, Arya V.J, Reena Ravindran, Minitha R. ‘Syntheses and crystal structures of 3-[(1,5-Dimethyl-3-oxo-2-phenyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-pyrazol-4-yl)-hydrazono]-chroman-2,4-dione and its ternary Cu(II) complex containing 4-methyl pyridine as a co-ligand’.
- Arshad A, Minitha R and Reena Ravindran, ‘4-Hydroxycoumarin and its fluorescent azo dye: Synthesis, characterization and single crystal X-ray diffraction study’ (Won 2nd Best Poster Award)
Presented the following papers in the National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Material Science at Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam from 29.9.2014 to 1.10.2014
- Shiji fazil and Reena Ravindran, ‘Synthesis, characterization and NLO properties of a novel Ni(II) complex of a proton transfer salt ‘
- Minitha R and Reena Ravindran, ‘Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial studies of antipyrine/4-hydroxycoumarin azo derivatives’. (Won 2nd Best Poster award)
- Minitha.R and Reena Ravindran ‘Green synthesis of water soluble copper(II) complexes of phenazone: Crystal structure and Antioxidant assay’
- Saraudevi A and Reena Ravindran, ‘Synthesis and Spectral Studies of Copper(II) and Iron(III)complexes of an Aroyl hydrazone ligand’.
- Saraudevi.A and Reena Ravindran presented a paper titled, ‘Spectral and Magnetic Studies on a Thermochromic Benzothiazolium Tetrachlorocuprate(II) salt’ in the UGC National Seminar on ‘Nanostructured Materials’ at NSS Hindu College, Changanacherry, Kottayam on August 12-13, 2014.
Devipriya V, Associate Professor of Botany
- Regy Yohannan & Devipriya V. Analysis of the epicuticular wax composition of two species of Jasminum employing SEM-EDX. Presented in International Conference for Trends in Plant Systematics (TIPS) organized by Department of Plant Sciences, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu from 31 October – 2 November 2014.
- Dhanya C. & Devipriya V. Studies on epidermal and palynological characters of selected species of Datura L. and Brugmansia Pers.Presented in National Symposium for Challenges for Biologists in 21st Century organized by Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra from 22-24 December 2014.
- Regy Yohannan & Devipriya V. Diversity of Jasminum L. (Oleaceae) in Kerala State. Presented in National Symposium for Challenges for Biologists in 21st Century organized by Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra from 22-24 December 2014.
- Smitha S.Nair, Devipriya V. & Regy Yohannan. The spectrum of variable branching patterns in the few flowered cymes of Jasminum sambac (L.) Ait. Diversity of Jasminum L. (Oleaceae) in Kerala State. Presented in National Symposium for Challenges for Biologists in 21st Century organized by Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra from 22-24 December 2014.
- Devipriya MS, Devipriya V. and Udayan PS. Morphological and Taxonomical Studies on Eight Species of Salacia L. National Seminar on Flowering Plant Reproduction & Diversity, Post Graduate Department of Botany, Fatima Mata National College, Kollam, Kerala 9th to 10th January 2015. (Best Paper Award).
BOOKS PUBLISHED DURING 2014-15
Dr. I.G. Shibi, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- “HARITHARASATHANTHRAM (Malayalam)”, Kerala State Institute of Languages, Kerala, First Published: November 2014 ISBN: 978-81-7638-818-4.
Dr. Devipriya V, Associate Professor of Botany
- Regy Yohannan and Devipriya V. 2014. Biodiversity Documentation Report – Flowering Plants of Sree Narayana College, Punalur. Published by Sree Narayana College, Punalur.
RESEARCH JOURNALS PUBLISHED
- The college publishes LOGOS, an interdisciplinary research journal with ISSN 2349-3836. The issues Vol 2(1) and Vol 2(2) of June and December 2014 with 12 and 10 articles respectively were publised.
- HISTORIA, an annual research journal of History with ISSN 2277-6400 was also released on time.
an interdisciplinary biannual research journal of Sree Narayana College, Chempazhanthy
ISSN 2349 3836
"LOGOS - the biannual multidisciplinary research journal (ISSN- 2349 3836) invites original research articles for its forthcoming issue" .
Logos is a binannual interdisciplinary research journal published by Sree Narayana College, Chempazhanthy, a higher educational institution affiliated to the University of Kerala. This multidisciplinary journal with International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) is issued twice a year in June and December, and publishes original research articles in all areas relating to arts, science, humanities and commerce. However, repetitive/ additive type of research is not necessarily acceptable. Manuscripts may be sent as e-mail attachment to the Editor. All manuscripts are subject to peer-review and copy editing.
Instructions to Authors:
Manuscripts may be sent as e-mail attachment from the email address of the corresponding author to the Editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOGOS invites original research articles for its forthcoming issue.
Manuscripts must be typed in MS-Word format with double spacing using Times New Roman 12 pt font size.
Pages should be in single column format with at least one inch margin on all four sides.
All Submissions should include a title page giving the name(s) of the authors, a consise and informative title, the affiliations and addresses of the authors with email and telephone number of the corresponding author.
The abstract should not exceed 250 words and should not contain any unspecified references.
It is necessary to give 5-6 keywords listed in alphabetical order.
References are to be listed in alphabetical order of the surnames of the first author and then of the second authors and so on.
The format for reference is as follows:
Books: Jon Davison & Jane Dowson (1998), Learning to Teach English in the Secondary School, London: Routledge.
Articles: Lesaux, N.K & Siegel, L.S (2003). The Development of Reading in Children who Speak English as Second Language. Developmental Psychology, Vol 39. No.6. pp. 11-15.
Chapter in Books: Bloom, B.S. (1971). Mastery Learning in J.H Block (ed.) Mastery Learning: Theory and Practice, New York: Holt, Rinchart and Winston.
Copyright: Authors are responsible for obtaining written permission to reproduce any copy righted material in the manuscript.
Review Procedure: All manuscripts will be sent for peer review. The managing Editor reserves the right to edit the manuscript and the contributor will be notified if substantial revision is needed.
The articles featured in the journal reflect the opinion and findings of the authors and do not represent the opinion of Sree Narayana College, Chempazhanthy.