Courses offered by Department Commerce
Bachelor of Commerce - Course Outcome
- Semester – 1
- Foundation Course I: CO 1121- METHODOLOGY AND PERSPECTIVES OF BUSINESS EDUCATION
Course outcome: To provide the methodology for pursuing the teaching learning process with a perspective of higher learning in business education.
- Core Course I: CO 1141 – ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
Course outcome: To develop knowledge and understanding of the environment and enable the students to contribute towards maintaining and improving the quality of the environment.
- Core Course II: CO 1142 MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS AND THOUGHT
Course outcome: To provide a comprehensive perspective on management theory and practice
- Complementary Course I: CO 1131 – MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
Course outcome: To acquaint the students with the application of economics in managerial decision making
- Semester – 2
- Foundation Course II: CO 1221-INFORMATICS AND CYBER LAWS
Course outcome: To update and expand informatics skills and attitudes relevant to the emerging knowledge society and to equip the students to effectively utilise the digital knowledge resources.
- Core Course III: CO 1241 - FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
No. of instructional hours per week: 4 No. of credits: 3
Course Outcome: To familiarize the students with different methods of depreciation and to equip the students to prepare the accounts of specialized business enterprises.
- CORE COURSE IV: CO1242- BUSINESS REGULATORY FRAMEWORK No. of
Course Outcome: To acquaint the students with the legal framework influencing business decisions and operations.
- Complementary Course II: CO 1231 - BUSINESS MATHEMATICS
Course Outcome: To enable students to acquire knowledge in applying basic mathematical tools in practical business decisions.
- Semester – 3
- CORE COURSE V: CO 1341-ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Course Outcome: To equip the students to have a practical insight for becoming an entrepreneur
- Core Course VI: CO 1342 - ADVANCED FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
Course Outcome: To equip the students with the preparation of accounts of various business areas.
- Core Course VII CO 1343: COMPANY ADMINISTRATION
Course Outcome: To familiarize the students about the salient provisions of Indian Companies Act 2013. To acquaint the students with Management and Administration of Companies, Compliance requirements, investigation into the affairs of the company and Winding up procedure.
- Elective Course I: Stream 2 - Co-operation CO 1361.2 - PRINCIPLES OF CO-OPERATION
Course Outcome: To give knowledge about the development of co-operative movement in India and abroad.
- Complementary Course III: CO 1331 - E-Business
Course Outcome: To expose the students to e- business and its potentialities
- Semester – 4
- Core Course VIII CO 1441 - INDIAN FINANCIAL MARKET
Course Outcome: To provide an in-depth knowledge on Financial Market and its Operations
- Core Course IX:CO1442 BANKING AND INSURANCE
Course Outcome: To expose the students to the changing scenario of Indian banking and Insurance.
- Core Course X: CO 1443 - CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
Course Outcome: To expose the students to the accounting practices prevailing in corporate.
- Elective Course II: Stream 2 - Co-operation
CO 1461.2 - CO-OPERATIVE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
Course Outcome: To provide knowledge about the system of management and administrative set up of co-operatives.
- Complementary Course IV: CO 1431 - BUSINESS STATISTICS
Course Outcome: To develop the skill for applying appropriate statistical tools and techniques in different business situations
- Semester – 5
- Core Course XI: CO – 1541: FUNDAMENTALS OF INCOME TAX
Course Outcome: To impart basic knowledge and understanding of the concepts and practices of Income Tax law in India.
- Core Course XII: CO 1542 - COST ACCOUNTING
Course Outcome: To impart knowledge of cost accounting system and acquaint the students with the measures of cost control.
- Core Course XIII CO 1543: MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Course Outcome: To impart the knowledge of various concepts of modern marketing management
- Open Course: 1 - CO 1551.2 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
Course Outcome: To familiarize the students from other faculties on the framework of management.
- Elective Course III: Stream 2 - Co-operation CO 1561.2 - CO-OPERATIVE LEGAL SYSTEM
Course Outcome: To give knowledge of the legal system prevailing in India for the management and administration of co-operatives.
- Semester – 6
- Core Course XIV: CO 1641 AUDITING
Course Outcome: The acquaint the students with the principles and practice of auditing
- Core Course XV: CO 1642: APPLIED COSTING
Course Outcome: To develop the skill required for the application of the methods and techniques of costing in managerial decisions.
- Core course XVI: CO 1643 - MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
Course Outcome: To develop professional competence and skill in applying accounting information for decision making
- Open Course II: CO 1651.3 - MANAGEMENT OF FOREIGN TRADE
Course Outcome: To expose the students to the overall management of foreign trade affecting International business.
- Elective Course IV: Stream 2 -Co-operation CO 1661.2 - CO-OPERATIVE ACCOUNTING
Course Outcome: To impart knowledge about the system of maintaining books and accounts in co- operatives and to develop the skill in undertaking co-operative audit.
Every student is required to undertake a project either individually or in a group of not more than 5 under the supervision of a teacher and a report of the same have to be submitted at least 15 days before the commencement of 6th end semester examination. The project work may commence in the 5th semester. The project can be done by using either primary data or secondary data. The topics shall either be allotted by the supervising teacher or be selected by the students in consultation with the supervising teacher.